OS: Windows Framework: Java License: Open Source, Annual Plan Product Cost: N/A Implementation Cost: N/A
Collaborative Content Management Challenge
Among their many responsibilities, ISBG’s consultants track client interactions and create detailed progress reports for each customer engagement. With approximately 200 consultants across multiple industries and geographies, ISBG amasses large quantities of content and was facing several challenges in content management and collaboration, among these:
• Using an older version of Documentum for content management, ISBG lacked the search capabilities consultants need to locate and access key files;
• The organization also required an ECM solution that could easily integrate with their newly developed engagement management tool in order to streamline scheduling and tracking ;
• Because the consultants often share expertise, ideas and data across a range of markets, ISBG looked to upgrade existing collaboration tools;
• Content management software needed to be user-friendly so that ISBG’s developers could easily work with the code (when required for customization) and, most importantly, so that the global organization would not shy away from using the technology ; and,
• The solution to replace the existing system needed to fit within ISBG’s budget.
Why Alfresco was chosen
Led by Operations Manager Holly Howe, the Cisco IBSG team did their homework and extensively researched Alfresco, as well as competing technologies. Through this research, Alfresco stood out as the solution with the broadest range of technical capabilities and the best feedback from users. In addition to demonstrating a promising roadmap for collaboration tools, Alfresco was highly attractive from a cost perspective, compared to the proprietary products offered by other ECM vendors.
“Alfresco had a great reputation among users and we were impressed with the range of capabilities that we saw in demos,” said Howe. “Cost was also one of our major concerns. By using Alfresco, we were able to deliver on all the features and functionality our team needed without a hefty price tag.”